Senior Process Engineer Vacancy
As the Senior Process Engineer for this growing, dynamic company, your primary objectives are to:
- Monitor, evaluate and troubleshoot plant equipment, processes and systems to identify and mitigate process risk factors as well as maintain or improve plant performance.
- Identify and develop projects aimed at optimizing production, on-stream time, energy utilization and chemical usage in a safe and efficient manner as per best industry practices.
- Assume a lead role in departmental deliverables and interface effectively with other departments and stakeholders in a collaborative manner to achieve company objectives.
- Provide technical direction for external engineering studies and assessments.
- Monitors the plant on a daily basis and advise the Operations Superintendent and Process Superintendent of strategies for improvements and correcting any deviations.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of PSM requirements as well as ISO Quality Systems and ability to take a lead role in PHA studies including, but not limited to HAZOP, What-if LOPA and QRA
- Provides technical direction and endorsement of reports and calculations covering the performance evaluation of all major plant equipment and catalyst (ATE) for the early detection of emerging problems
- Develops and evaluates technical proposals relating to the design intent of processes, plant reliability, abnormal situation management, production, efficiency, equipment, safety and the environment from a technical, financial and risk management perspective.
- Assumes a lead role in the assessment of plant trips and incident investigations as well as prepare reports where necessary.
- Contributes to the development of the department budget and monitors the departmental budgets to ensure that expenditure does not exceed budget.
- Mentoring and training of Junior Process Engineers including the identification of developmental opportunities, training needs and appropriate interventions.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the plant’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), plant equipment and process controls.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all plant operations, emergency and disaster preparedness routines.
- Supports Operations personnel during startup, shutdown and abnormal operating conditions.
- Interprets lab tests results and determines required actions and decisions if required.
- Provides a lead role for STA (Scheduled Turnaround) planning, catalyst changeout, resin replacement, environmental discharge monitoring, Heat Exchanger tube cleaning and co-ordination of Management of Change (MOC) documentation.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION:
- Undergraduate Degree in Chemical and Process Engineering.
- Minimum of nine (9) years related experience, specifically in a process plant environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation, assertiveness, emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skill.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of project management principles from project conceptualization to handover
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to use Process Engineering Simulation Software such as HYSYS, Flare System Analyzer and Exchanger Design and Rating and perform detailed engineering calculations.
Please submit all applications to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
CARIBBEAN GAS CHEMICAL LTD
LOT 2A UNION INDUSTRIAL ESTATE