Process Superintendent Vacancy
As the Process Superintendent for this growing, dynamic company, your primary objectives are to:
- Manage and implement department policies, strategies and programmes in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the planning, direction and safe execution of the Process and Laboratory team activities including the creation and management of production, process and laboratory activities that support and enhance production and equipment efficiency.
- Represents the organization on key technical issues that impact on plant operations, plant performance and reliability.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY FUNCTIONS:
- Technical Authority for Process and Laboratory activities providing on-site engineering consultation during all stages of the project life cycles. Approves all associated documentation as required.
- Provide engineering support and guidance in troubleshooting complex problems to ensure that process, systems and facility modifications enhances operation of the plant. Recommend improvements based on evaluation and technological advancements.
- Ensure that equipment surveys/analysis are adequately set up and implemented as per defined schedules. Analyze data and make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies, product quality, operating techniques, minimize production costs and to enhance critical business decisions.
- Ensure Process Engineering and Laboratory/Quality Control issues are solved timely and measures are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain accurate records and produce the necessary reports of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime and utility consumption
- Works in conjunction with Operations and Maintenance teams to ensure projects and other changes are evaluated from a technical, financial and risk management perspective prior to implementation.
- Works with Operations to ensure unit control is stable, applying and adjusting appropriate tuning constants, evaluating and managing regulatory controls loops and alarm management.
- Analyze laboratory reports and process efficiency data; identify causes of non-routine events and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Monitor the utilization of process/chemical injection inventories, laboratory chemicals and supplies and reorder as necessary.
- Introduce and manage programs to increase production, minimize downtime and achieve targets.
- Supports Operations team with process engineering and plant performance issues. Assists the Operations Superintendent in resolving technical issues on the facility.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), P&IDs and the necessary plant documentation are updated and approved as required.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved and addresses areas of shortfall. Recommends new or modified KPIs where necessary to the Production Manager.
- Support in the preparation of annual budget implementing cost control practice consistent with the company objectives.
- Conduct performance reviews/performance manage team members providing feedback/guidance to improve performance.
- Ensure team members comply with work policies and procedures at all times.
- Promotes an environment which facilitates training and development of plant personnel. Directly responsible for continuous training of team members.
- Recommends promotions transfers, acting appointments and developmental opportunities of team members.
- Ensure that the interface with team members and other workgroup is seamless maintaining a consistent line of communication with all personnel on matters relative to the Operating Plant.
- Fully understand the company HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to area of responsibility. Ensure that all HSE policies and procedures are implemented and consistently followed.
- Participates in safety walks, safety meetings and housekeeping inspections as required.
- Participates in HSE, Trip investigations, job hazard analyses and prepares the related reports as necessary tracking department actions as required.
- Ensure compliance with all ISO policies and procedures as well as all Process Safety Management (PSM) elements within the facility.
- Prepares technical, monthly and other reports as required.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process Engineering and/or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 10 years in the Oil & Gas Industry with at least 7 years at a supervisory level with proven experience.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Considerable experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in a production operations environment.
- Must have experience with major start up/development project.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of SOPs, complex control loops and Emergency Shut-Down (ESD) systems.
- Knowledge in Process Safety Management and ISO quality systems
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Project Management Skills
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Team Player.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including MS Office application and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Previous experience directly related to Methanol manufacturing or similar processes will be an asset.
Please submit all applications to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
CARIBBEAN GAS CHEMICAL LTD
Union Industrial Estate
La Brea, Trinidad and Tobago
Deadline for Submission:
May 27th 2019