Senior Mechanical Engineer Vacancy
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer for this growing, dynamic company, your primary objectives are to:
- Take the lead role in performing plant maintenance and engineering activities on mechanical equipment and lifting devices in accordance with international standards.
- Coordinate activities to ensure the reliability and availability of plant systems and equipment.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY FUNCTIONS:
- Lead in-depth troubleshooting activities, data analysis and diagnose problems on Mechanical equipment and systems using knowledge of reading P&ID’s, schematics, equipment specification and vendor service manuals.
- Develop procedures for installing /operating /maintaining installed new / upgraded equipment.
- Lead the planning, coordination and execution of statutory inspections on plant equipment (Boiler, lifting devices), routine and shutdown work including preparation of work schedules, manpower/material requirement and cost estimates.
- Lead and/or participates in root cause analysis for operating problems including the identification of contributing causes for non-operating events and work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement.
- Adheres to the work management system and ensures that the CMMS system is accurately updated to capture real time information and historical data. Minimizes backlog of work in area of responsibility.
- Ensures that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved and addresses areas of shortfall.
- Engages in contract management, preparation of scope of works, contractor usage plan, tendering evaluation and analysis, procurement, execution and close-off.
- Monitors execution of routine contracts and turnarounds to ensure that general HSE, Quality and production targets are met.
- Ensures that systems for recording information on upgrades/modifications or replacements of equipment, equipment down-time, cause codes, priority codes, man-hours, materials utilized and costs incurred are updated thereby providing an efficient and reliable source of historical and analytical data.
- Ensures that all work performed is of the highest quality through the development of the requisite systems and audits.
- Conducts annual review of the planned maintenance programs and equipment audits to influence planned inspection program for the following year.
- Conducts annual review of the equipment audits before the budget cycle to influence the capital project budget over a three year period
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and communicate these to the Mechanical Superintendent.
- Prepares technical reports, cost estimates and management of change documents as required.
- Makes recommendations to minimize stock outs by reviewing the stock of critical spares and inventory of material, tools etc. in relation to maintenance work schedules.
- Support in the preparation of LTP and annual budget implementing cost control practice consistent with the company objectives Monitor and control departmental/plant budgets ensuring expenditure does not exceed budget.
- Promotes and leads an environment which facilitates training, mentoring and coaching of junior engineers and technicians.
- Ensures the efficient use of available resources in the execution of maintenance works. Engages in manpower planning to ensure adequate staffing during normal and emergency conditions
- Leads in equipment long term planning, obsolescence/end of life strategy, repair and replacement actions.
- Recommends/approves technical specifications for repairs to existing equipment or procurement of new equipment.
- Leads the updating of plant documentation/records and the as-built drawings for projects/modifications.
- Executes responsibilities as designated in the permit to work system.
- Leads Trip investigations, job hazard analyses and prepares the related reports as necessary tracking department actions as required.
- Prepares technical, monthly and other reports as required.
- Leads the development and implementation of Memoranda of Justification (MOJ), Memoranda of Change (MOC) and capital projects for equipment upgrade, replacement or modification in accordance with the turnaround planning schedule.
- Ensure compliance with all ISO policies and procedures.
- Conduct safety walks, safety meetings and housekeeping inspections as scheduled.
- Fully understands the company HSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to area of responsibility. Ensure that all HSE policies and procedures are implemented and consistently followed.
- Respond to emergency call-outs as necessary.
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering with at least eight (8) years in the petrochemical industry.
- Experience in working with both static and rotating equipment is essential.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of process plant maintenance, design, operations and project management in the petrochemical industry.
- Must be competent in the operations of both rotating and static equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in mechanical governing systems, hydraulic systems, pumps and compressors with the ability to apply fundamental concepts, theories and practices to resolve operational issues.
- Knowledge in Process Safety Management, HAZOP’s and ISO quality systems.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Skills.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Read and interpret equipment technical illustrations, blueprints, maps, plans, specifications, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Prepares Annual Budgets, Budget Forecast etc.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including CMMS, MS Office applications and engineering application software.
- Previous experience directly related to Methanol manufacturing or similar processes will be an asset.
Please submit all applications to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
CARIBBEAN GAS CHEMICAL LTD
Union Industrial Estate
La Brea, Trinidad and Tobago
Deadline for Submission:
March 28, 2019