Civil Engineer (On Contract) – Vacancy
As the Civil Engineer for this growing, dynamic Company, your primary objective is to:
Provide technical support and guidance to and on behalf of the Company relating to the conceptualization and development designs for planned offsite and Community Improvement Projects (CIPs)
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES /KEY FUNCTIONS:
- Attend meetings, consultations and site visits on behalf of the Company and provide updates and reports accordingly.
- Supervise and conduct routine inspections for the Construction phase of the Company’s Offsite Projects and Community Improvement Projects (CIPs).
- Execution and verification of field quality assurance and quality control by ensuring quality issues/problems with the Engineering Design and Construction phase are identified, reported and promptly rectified.
- Inspect and attest Inspection Test Plans (ITP’s)along with the Consultant and various sub-contractor personnel for the respective Company project.
- Ensure the Design Consultant and Construction sub-contractor’s activities comply with all aspects of established Statutory, Quality, Health,Safety, Environment and Security (HSSE) policies, regulations, permit to work procedures and client requirements for the site
- Conduct inspection and surveillance audit for Offsite and CIPs.
- Liaise with the HSSE representatives (internal & external) to ensure inherent compliance of project documentation with CGCL’s safety standards
- Identify and report on any non-conformances (product / services / workmanship)
- Review/ monitor the implementation of corrective action in response to identified non-conformances through QA/QC audits to the satisfaction and acceptance of CGCL.
- Coordinate the preparation, tracking and close-out of site queries, punch list and outstanding items for the work.
- Review inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable codes laws /regulation and site industry standards / procedures.
- Liaise and coordinate with the main Contractor and sub-contractors for the resolution of site related progress and quality issues.
- Review and ensure the compliance and acceptance of Turnover Dossiers for civil and building works for the project.
- Assist with the development of Scope of Works (SOW) for in-house projects and oversee the initiation and execution of related works.
- Ensure the Company’s satisfaction and acceptance before, during and upon completion of all major site works.
- Perform all other related job functions as required
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
- Certification in Construction, Civil or Industrial Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of five (3) years’ recent experience in a similar role or with similar works responsibilities.
- Technical training and certification in Quality based on ISO 9001 or equivalent, e.g.CQE, CRE, CMQ/OE
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of the minimum requirements.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Can demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of recognized testing, civil,structural and building codes such as ASTM, ACI, AASHTO IBC, ACI, ASHRAE, ASCE and other similar codes as application to the outlined role.
- Possesses working knowledge of reinforced concrete, structural steel, buildings and commissioning related works.
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information and to works effectively, safely and prioritize in a fast-paced works environment.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality for sensitive project information, possesses good communication skills, tactful and effective in collating and reporting information.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and material in a compliant manner.
- Possesses a key balance of leadership, accountability and teamwork skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and AUTOCAD.
Please submit all applications to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
CARIBBEAN GAS CHEMICAL LTD
NESC LA BREA CAMPUS
Deadline for Submission:
20th January, 2019